2022-2023 Pupil Premium Funding
What is Pupil Premium? The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
In the 2021 to 2022 financial year, schools received the following funding for each pupil registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,345 for pupils in reception to year 6
Schools will receive £2,345 for any pupil identified in the spring term school census or the alternative provision census as having left local-authority care as a result of one of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
- who has been in local-authority care for 1 day or more
- recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local-authority care)
For the pupils who attract the £2,345 rate, the virtual school head of the local authority that looks after the pupil will manage the funding.
Who can apply? Your child may be eligible for pupil premium if you receive, or have received in the last six year, any of the following benefits:
· Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
· Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guaranteed element of state pension credit
· Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
· Universal credit
Why should I apply? If you apply and qualify for the funding, the school can use the money to provide valuable support such as:
· Extra one-to-one or small-group support for children within the classroom
· Employing extra teaching assistants to work with classes
· Funding some of the educational trips and visits
· Investing in resources that boost children’s learning, such as laptops or tablets.
The documents below provide an overview of how pupil premium funding is allocated at Dollis Primary School.